The engraved pewter chapter ring has Roman numerals and Arabic five minute marking. The alarm disc is made of silvered brass and the pierced hands of blued steel. De chapter ring is fitted to a gilt brass dial with matted centre and a chased foliate ornament below.
The movement is driven by a spring barrel and has a duration of over eight days. It is being regulated by a verge escapement in combination with a silk suspended pendulum. The clock has pull wind quarter repeating on two bells and a pull wind alarm. The backplate is signed Terrot & Thuillier à Genéve.
The case is veneered with kingswood in cross banded patterns. The cushion shaped top has round and heart shaped holes for the sound of the quarter repeating. It is surmounted by a brass handle. The front and sides of the case are fitted with glass panels. The back has a paneled door. The whole is raised on bracket feet.
Philippe Terrot was a Hugenot whose family sought refuge in Geneva in 1700. He received citizenship in 1732 and worked there as clockmaker. Jean-Pierre Thuillier was a member of a Parisian clockmakers family who received citizenship of Geneva in 1754 together with his son.
Tardy; Dictionnaire des Horlogers Français, pp. 609 en 614.