A fine pair of Empire ‘Medici’ Vases in gilded bronze on black patina bronze pedestals
decorated with acanthus leaves and floral pattern. The pedestals are adorned with laurel crowns and ribbon bows.
The vases are modelled after the celebrated Antique marble 'Medici' Vase believed to date from the first century A.D. The Medici Vase reappeared in the inventory of the Villa Medici in Rome in 1598 and was transferred to the Uffizi in Florence in 1780.
Site by Artimin